Indira Naidoo always seeks ways to connect with her audience.
Indira Naidoo is an expert communicator. You might have seen her on TV, heard her on radio or read her books The Edible Balcony and its sequel The Edible City. Indira knows how to hook you into a story, from a spelling bee that nearly spelled the end of her TV career to a real-life bee that’s become a symbol of hope for climate resilience.
Find out Indira’s top tips from 30 years in the communications industry: how to grab people’s attention in an era of fake news, why never to watch yourself on film, what she really wants to hear from designers and how to deal with sexism in the workplace.
- 4:03 The killer spelling bee
- 5:50 You do you: the authentic communicator
- 7:29 Why never to watch yourself on film
- 10:44 The in, the out and the middle hook
- 13:41 What Al Gore knows about mass communication
- 18:04 The bee that will save the world
- 21:54 How to deal with power players
- 25:51 Lyrical language and straight talk
Dig Beneath Design: Indira Naidoo always seeks ways to connect with her audience.