Nicole Larkin taps into beauty, love and memory to spark conversations.
Nicole Larkin is an architect, artist and an expert on ocean pools. Her Byera Hadley Travelling Scholarship canvassed all 59 pools along the NSW coast, allowing Nicole to create opportunities, forge connections and bring a fresh perspective to coastal design, planning and policy.
Find out what it takes to go from recent graduate to respected expert, ways to supercharge your career and even generate dream projects, plus what needs to go up front in your next presentation.
- 2:26 Why ocean pools get people going
- 3:40 Debating helps design presentations
- 4:43 Wait, nerves get worse over time?
- 6:05 Major talks need major prep
- 9:06 Pros and cons of studio vs solo work
- 11:13 What’s love got to do with it?
- 16:04 High points and lessons learned
- 18:49 What architecture should borrow from art
- 21:52 Busting industry myths
- 24:33 Top tips for success
Dig Beneath Design: Nicole Larkin taps into beauty, love and memory to spark conversations.