Georgina Reid wants designers to become storytellers.
Georgina Reid never dreamed her online magazine The Planthunter would go viral. So when her heartfelt stories about people and plants connected with thousands of fans almost instantly, she was terrified. Five years, a book and many deep breaths later, she’s a confident, authentic voice in the design community.
Georgina takes us behind the lush images, revealing the impacts of sudden fame and self doubt. How she’s learnt to let go of her head to write from the heart. What she’ll never forget about working for Jamie Durie. And essential advice for anyone who wants to put their ideas out into the world.
Buy the book: shop.theplanthunter.com.au
Australia’s most popular design blog: The Design Files
- 1:44 The birth of The Planthunter
- 4:24 Find your passion to find your voice
- 6:28 Life lessons from Jamie Durie
- 9:07 What designers need to tell their clients
- 12:00 How and when to use emotion in writing
- 13:53 Writing with your eyes closed
- 17:03 Daydreams and deadlines
- 19:48 Advice for new bloggers
- 21:03 Overnight fame
- 23:34 Why we obsess over criticism
Dig Beneath Design: Georgina Reid wants designers to become storytellers.