Sacha Coles swears by the mantra: be yourself and know your work.
At 23, Sacha Coles had just finished uni. He had zero clients and no work, but big plans for the future. Now he’s a successful landscape architect and director of Aspect Studios, responsible for multibillion dollar projects across Australia.
He talks about pitching his way up, honing his message, owning his ideas, impressing clients and winning their trust.
Find out how he amps himself up before a big pitch and what he thinks are the biggest mistakes designers make when communicating their ideas.
- 2:03 From zero to hero: starting the Sydney studio
- 4:56 Terrifying first pitches
- 6:06 Ways to build confidence
- 8:59 Learning by doing at Aspect
- 13:23 Designers need to watch their language
- 15:09 Strengths and weaknesses as a student
- 16:48 How to feel comfortable on stage
- 20:44 Facing a challenging client
- 23:00 The recipe for a successful collaboration
- 25:44 What I wish I’d known starting out
Dig Beneath Design: Sacha Coles swears by the mantra: be yourself and know your work.