Helen Lochhead believes authentic communicators make strong leaders.
Helen Lochhead sends a refreshing jolt of energy through the architecture profession. As the first female dean of the Faculty of the Built Environment at UNSW Sydney, national president of the Australian Institute of Architects and one of the Australian Financial Review’s top 100 women of influence, she’s ambitious, resilient and inspiring. Helen shares insights on communicating ideas within private practice, the public sector and academia.
Find out how to impress a design review panel, how to beat imposter syndrome and embrace your own leadership style, plus essential tips for student presentations.
- 2:04 Public, private or purely academic?
- 4:51 What design students need to know
- 10:15 How to seduce a design review panel
- 16:00 Essential public speaking tips
- 18:38 Communication habits of a strong leader
- 22:03 Women need to hold their ground
- 24:06 Fight or flight - confronting bad behaviour
- 25:37 Navigating a fulfilling career path
Dig Beneath Design: Helen Lochhead believes authentic communicators make strong leaders.